We care about our patients and employees and are taking all possible measures to reduce risk of COVID-19. With that in mind, WHCPC is following additional guidelines and protocols:
- Video visits or telephone consults continue to be an option when possible and appropriate.
- Universal masking is in place for all providers, staff, patients and visitors. The spread of COVID-19 by asymptomatic carriers is an ongoing concern and risk. So we ask that all patients and visitors wear a mask to your appointment. If you do not have one, we will provide a cloth mask for your visit.
- We are doing a pre-visit phone screening and asking if patients have fever and other COVID-19 symptoms. We are asking all patients with symptoms or exposure to anyone with symptoms to stay home.
- Patients should not bring anyone with them for their appointment, unless necessary due to minor status or any disability. In those cases, only one person should accompany the patient. There may be a medically necessary exception that our office will discuss with patients directly, but visitors cannot be allowed for routine appointments (GYN or OB). Visitor restriction is necessary in order to meet social distancing requirements.
- All patients and visitors will be screened upon entry to the hospital. Temperature will be taken along with screening questions asked. Masking will be required beyond the screening desk. If waiting areas are too full, patients may be asked to wait in car until they are called in order to be sure we can maintain social distancing within the office.
- Patients with any symptoms of Covid-19 are encouraged to utilize the Deaconess Health System nurse triage line at 812-450-6555, as well as the schedule-ahead Respiratory Immediate Care services detailed at //deaconess.com/urgent care
- We have increased cleaning and disinfection efforts in patient and public areas.
We appreciate our patients support and understanding as we navigate this difficult situation. We want to do everything possible to reduce risk of spreading Covid-19.